Brisbane Bullion is proud to present the 2006 1/2 oz Australian Rare Bird Collection Cockatoo Gold Proof Coin from The Royal Australian Mint.
Beginning in 2004 and concluding in 2006 as part of a limited 3-year series, the Rare Bird Gold Coin Series showcases rare and endangered native Australian birds. Minted in Canberra, the first endangered bird profiled was the fearsome Cassowary, native to Northern Queensland’s rainforests. The hope of the series was to raise the profile of the plight of these rare and endangered birds to assist in educating Australians to preserve these important wildlife species. The series was produced in 1/2oz and 1/3oz pure 99.99% gold coins, with face values of $200 and $150 respectively.
- Contains 0.50 troy ounce or 15.55 grams of pure 99.99% gold
- Limited mintage of 2,500 coins
The obverse depicts the traditional image of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II along with the mark of the year.
The reverse depicts the image of the South-Eastern Red-tailed Black Cockatoo along with the face value.
- This item comes with the original packaging.
- The case inside comes with some marks. The coins are slightly worn.
- Purchase price is inclusive of 10% GST.
- Coins are issued as Proof
Brisbane Bullion would love to hear from you. Our customer service team is available by +61 7 3184 8200 or [email protected].